Monday, May 7, 2007

Goals, pt. 1

"If we don't know where we are going, how are we going to get there?"

Goals are one of the most important things you can have when you are starting a new fitness program (or anything for that matter). By setting goals, I have a target to aim for and something that'll keep me motivated when the times get tough. When I set goals, I like to have one big main goal that will be very challenging for me to achieve. To help me accomplish the big goal, I set a few smaller goals, each with a dealine and action plan as to how I'm going to achieve it. The biggest benefit of having small goals (or milestones) is that they are easy to achieve and help me stay on track for the big goal. Here are my goals:

Big goal:
-In 12 months, I'd like to weigh 200 lbs, lose 6 in. off of my waist, and be able to complete CrossFit workouts

Milestones:
-In 12 weeks, I'd like to lose 20 lbs of fat and lose 3-4 inches off of my waist.
-Reevaluate at 6 months to determine if anything needs to be changed to accomplish my big goal.

I will be adding more milestones later, but right now that is the main thing that I want to accomplish. I am the leader of the orientation program at Purdue and I will be speaking on stage in August to a crowd of 6,000+ people.

In the next few days, I will be posting about the plan I will be using to accomplish my goals.

-Corey

P.S. I just found out that I have to get my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday, so my timeline will be shifted back a week because I will not be able to eat solid food for awhile.

No comments: